- We have a background in old, nasty, rusty automobiles, and in that subsect of society drum brakes are considered obsolete. And, for good reason, should be disposed of for the much superior disc brake pronto. In our time at the Old Speed Shack we experienced the difference between the two first hand and, man, is a fast car SO much more fun when you can stop it before it plunges you head long into a tree. But for bikes that will see lots of weather conditions and won't be going mach 2 they work just swimmingly. Oh, and adjusting a drum on a bike is CAKE compared to the rigmarole of adjusting the ones on the shop truck... guess we should upgrade that thing to discs.
- "Drum" will look super snazzy on a T-shirts.
- They are considered by most bikers to be antiquated, if they even know what they are. Can you see a theme?
- Some would say we're ornery and like doing things a bit differently. They'd probably be right... shit are we hipsters?
- Lastly it just sounded cool, we could have gone with Coaster but that just didn't have that hard D that'll get your attention when we yell it in the streets.
Well, 'till next time - thanks for stoping by Drum!